I know, it sounds odd.
- Avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour (other flours probably work well, too!)
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat and saute the onion for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another few minutes.
- Add salt and paprika. Stir.
- Add pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Add black beans and cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring the whole time.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a mixing bowl. Lightly mash the beans with a fork and let the mixture cool before adding the egg and flour.
- Form into patties and bake at 375F for around 35 minutes. Flip halfway through baking.
- Serve like a burger with your favorite toppings! Or serve bun-less like in this photo!